Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I am no blogger

I am not sure what has possessed me to attempt blogging.  I can remember learning about this phenomenon years ago and thinking "nothing I have to say is really that important for anyone to take the time to read it."  I can't say that I have gained any great wisdom that makes that less true today.  However, I would like to think that the Lord has taught me a few things through being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a neighbor, a sister, a friend, a colleague, an aunt, and all the other roles I have acquired.  Hence the title, "The Heart of a Sparrow."  Growing up, I can remember hearing the song "His Eye is on the Sparrow" and reading the verse in Matthew 10 that says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows."  It is a humble reminder that God sees me, He knows me, He teaches me, and maybe, He will use me . . . not despite of my weaknesses, fears, and failures but through them and because of them.  Surely if He thinks about the sparrows, He has something intentional planned for me . . . and for you.


So this is hopefully the start of a documentary.  I'm not sure what direction this blog will go but that is true with life.  I can't promise there won't be a recipe, a craft, or a useless video mixed in but my real intention is to bring something to your life a bit more meaningful and insightful.   

1 comment: